Hello Dear One!
Ok! Does the word INFLAMMATION mean the world to you?!?!!
If not, it should.
Inflammation is a more commonplace buzzword since the recent past, as well it should be – as what it represents is how well our health, bodily function, waistline, & longevity are doing.
Or not. :/
Because we live in our modern world we are being impacted by the multitude of health stressors in the form of free radicals & oxidative stress, & if one is NOT deliberately doing things to prevent it, or taking action to offset it – inflammation is PRESENT.
Hopefully more people are aware that the major life takers in our current age are a result of degeneration, which is caused from inflammation.
What most people are probably not aware of is that more benign maladies are also symptoms of inflammation along a spectrum (allergies, arthritis, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke…).
MANY people resign themselves to believing that this is, “just how it is”, that body breakdown could strike at any point, & that there isn’t rhyme nor reason to it.
Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but for the majority of individuals, this crap happens slowly & over time – which also makes it highly likely that it could be PREVENTED!
The 3 main things that prevent (or lower) the level of inflammation in your body are:
2. Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements (vitamins & minerals+)
(Additionally sleep & stress can affect the body in major ways if having a deficit in one & a surplus in the other – but hopefully that goes without saying.)
So…what does that look like?
1. Exercise (3-6 xs/week):
What it does:
– Controls weight
• Makes body more insulin sensitive
• Increases HDL (good) cholesterol
• Helps prevent:
– stroke, heart disease, type II diabetes, arthritis, certain types of cancer
What to do:
– Strength training:
– Push ups, pull ups, squats, deadlifts
– Cardiovascularly challenging exercise:
– Walking, intervals with – cycling, jumping rope, swimming, etc.
2. Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements (2xs/day):
What it does:
– Provides body optimal levels of nutrition that are impossible to receive from our food alone (due to poor nutrient quality of the soil)
– Provides antioxidant protection that wards off degeneration
– RDA’s are insufficient for protecting body from free-radical damage, which is responsible for degenerative diseases. Optimum levels protect it much more soundly
What to do?
– If you’re reading this, hopefully you are taking your USANA supplements; & if not, check them out or find a company who’s products have been proven safe, reliable, & highly rated by a 3rd party source as effective
– Take at least a multi, fish oil, & possibly vitamin D
– Customize your supplementation regime to account for your additional needs (ie. detoxification, joint comfort, etc.)
3. Diet (anti inflammatory):
What it does:
– Keeps blood sugar levels stable thus reducing the amount of insulin & inflammation in the body
– Keeps us at a healthy weight
– Makes us full on less food, & for longer
– Reduces likelihood of issues with blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, erectile dysfunction, etc
What to do?:
– To understand an example of an anti-inflammatory diet, please check out the 5th day of, “5 Parts to a Fat Burning Equation”.
And to check out the other 4 parts, click here:
Your health is always in your hands, & is generally at your fingertips ;).
To getting you clearer on how the body works, & how to make it work for you.